Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a seriously needed break!

This past weekend I was once again reminded why I hate Utah (don't worry I heart BYU)! It hasn't snowed really hard here in weeks and weeks and then the one time I need clear roads to go visit my family who is in st george for spring break there is a freakin blizzard across the entire state! curses! I was really upset but I tried to drive down on Saturday night and made it to Payson (like 30 miles south of provo) and the roads were just completely covered in snow because the plows couldn't keep up with all that snow! ugh! So I had to turn around and go back to Provo! Thanks Utah!!! Luckily on Sunday afternoon the sun FINALLY came out and I threw everything in my car and drove like a mad man (i mean very saftely mom, dont worry!) to see my family! I finally got there at about 8 pm on Sunday instead of Saturday afternoon as planned! But I did get to see my family!!! I was so happy! I haven't seen them since December (on a depressing note marci and my dad weren't there so i still haven't seen them! sad days!)!
On Monday we were busy busy busy! We went shopping (and found the CUTEST dress!!), and played scrabble, and went ice skating!!! I laughed so hard during scrabble I cried and my abs are actually sore!
Here are a few pictures of our epic ice skating adventure
me, melissa, caroline, and kristen

trent, me, melissa
trent and i
trent, jared, melissa, me, caroline, kristen
caroline and i

Then on Tuesday we slept in :) and then went quading out in the desert! It was gorgeous and the weather was perfect! It was SOO fun! :) We went out to this old fortress and went, saw dinosaur tracks, then ended it by riding around in the red sand dunes! SO fun!
caroline and i at the fort



p.s. we only have five more weeks of school and then i get to go home for a whole month before i go to aspen grove!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

No comments: